Sometimes, I find it necessary to speak of the good things in this life:
- Nighttime runs through drizzly neighborhoods.
- Delinquently-ripening bananas. (I’ve had quite an issue with rapid ripening this summer… not cool, Produce, not cool.)
- Smiling while thinking of the Coops living it in Tonga.
- Dani and Mac visit in circa 70 days!
- A loving mom, and a loving dad.
- Socialworkese is in full swing. Love it.
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip cookies and other fall yums.
- Refer to these blogs for a provocative whisper: http://rachelheldevans.com/, http://michaelhidalgo.blogspot.com/, http://sarahbessey.com/, http://seeprestonblog.com/.
- Babel graces the world in two weeks. If you don’t know what that is, I feel super sorry for you, so refer to the following [And as a side note to all you tisk-tiskers about sophomore albums sucking, please rain in your undue criticism, until you learn to play mandolin and spout nonsense simultaneously. K, thanks, bye.: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGKfrgqWcv0
- I work at Street’s Hope now. Super unexpected, super eager, and feeling super inadequate yet anticipatory. Good stuff.
- Classy’s wheel hub is broken, which means her transmission is A-OKAY!
- Approaching autumn.
- We begin huddling in two weeks. I can’t wait to see what these ladies have to teach me…
- A quiet, peaceful home to return to after long, loud days.
- In two days, I read new Donald Miller. Sexy.
- I wore my boots this week. Enough said.
- Disregarding my mountain of debt, common sense, and upcoming graduation from one graduate degree, I’m looking into PhD programs. Not happening in reality, at least not in the immediate now, but it is quite intriguing to be aware of my options….. 🙂
- I accept it: I’m a feminist. (more on this later)
I could go on and on and on and on and on. Really, I’m just very thankful to be right where I am. Disregard the poor grammar of those last, two “sentences” in favor of the heart behind it.
Hope y’all enjoy the start of a new season and accompanying changes.