Regardless of one’s age, some unncessary things become necessary, I think. The list includes the following:
- Making t-shirts to wear to the movie theatre, following the theme of the movie one is about to view.
- Crying in multiple scenes despite knowing exactly what will occur, because one read the book several months prior.
- Seeing the same movie twice in one day in order to relish the experience completely.
- Agonizing over and succumbing to the black-hole-like-plot of the fated love triangle, renigging one’s previous decision only to come back to one’s original decision.
- Defeating sensible, budgetary principles in order to have a peek experience of watching a movie in the theatre but bringing one’s own beverage and candy.
- Taking self-timer photographs in hiding while speaking and laughing incredibly loud, pretending the ticket takers notice no such thing.
- Sitting through the credits in their entirety even though no extra scene is promised in order to listen to the song promoted on iTunes for months and months.
Yes. Yes, indeed, I’d never kill any of you for food. And, yes, sometimes one should defeat all rules of normalcy in order to have supreme fun. I think the odds for fun are always in our favor, which is why y’all are the best.