Yes, it’s week seven of the quarter, which means all hell is breaking lose up in here. I’m all over the board, more than normal, and these are the main indicators:
- I purchased my second Black Box of Malbec. No shame… it’s delicious and economical.
- My to-do list is mounting skyscraper status, but what am I planning for the weekend? A girls’ night, lunch with a friend, fun with another, Snooze… you know, all good things.
- The most frequented websites of the week include Facebook, Netflix, Hulu, WordPress, Pinterest, and Yelp.
- Last night I opened my email about class registration for next quarter only to discover that I needed to register… today.
- I created a countdown to summer. Yes, summer. Even though I have another quarter to go.
- My dinner consisted of egg soup (glorified chicken broth), wine, and dark-chocolate covered blueberries.
- I’ve convinced myself that watching “Parenthood” is a productive use of my time as a professional, since I can analyze attachment patterns and systems theory in the family.
- I am very demotivated to wash my hair.
- I’ve worn the same two outfits twice, alternating their appearance based on who I haven’t interacted with, so as not to look too repetitive. I have clean clothes; it’s just a lot of effort to make an outfit right now…
Blug a blug a blug a boo. I’m a whiney train tonight, but, hey, it’s all worth it… or at least it will be soon.